As companies transform their workspaces to adhere to COVID-19 social distancing protocols, some people might ask one valid question: Should we get rid of the office water dispenser? If your dispenser is a Wellsys, ION, or Scotsman device from Pure Water Technology, the short answer is no. That’s because a Pure Water dispenser is actually the safest drinking water option on the market, and we’ll tell you why.
Filtered water systems are actually the most risky.
Water dispensers with an insertable 5-gallon jug require an excessive amount of human interaction. You don’t know how many people touch the neck of the bottle, or whether or not they’re sick or wash their hands. These water dispensers should also be sanitized every six weeks, and that usually doesn’t happen because employees don’t have the time to do it.
Bottled water coolers are also open systems, which means the dispenser draws in air from the outside environment. Everything floating around in the air gets introduced to your water cooler. And since the CDC says COVID-19 is mainly spread through respiratory droplets, you don’t want to take a chance on any viruses or bacteria going anywhere near the water you consume.
Pure Water dispensers eliminate human interaction and comply with sanitization protocols.
Pure Water’s reverse osmosis dispensers are the responsible choice for these reasons:
- The closed system eliminates contamination from airborne germs and viruses.
- The unlimited supply of water being purified and dispensed eliminates the need for excessive visits to deliver more water.
- In-tank sanitization eliminates the petri dish that grows inside a bottled water cooler.
- A bottle-free dispenser eliminates human interaction since there are a dozen unwashed hands touching the neck of the bottle.
- An antimicrobial surface prevents germs and bacteria from colonizing on the surface of the cooler.
- Vendor visits are reduced by 92%, which reduces the potential risk of viral and germ-related illnesses from outsiders.
- Pure Water employees go above and beyond to comply with sanitization protocols.
- Foot pedal options create touchless dispensing.
Best practices for using a Pure Water dispenser in your office.
Social distancing and sanitization should never be taken lightly, especially during these times. Here are a few tips on making sure you get the most use out of your water dispenser while also keeping your staff safe and healthy:
- Always wash your hands before touching the dispenser.
- Don’t stand near each other while waiting to fill up your cup or reusable bottle.
- Never touch the spout that the water comes out of.
- Be sure to wash glassware and bottles before they touch the dispenser, and try to use reusable straws when possible so that your mouth never even touches your water container.
- Keep external surfaces clean by wiping down after every day.
Get a FREE 7-Day Trial
No more bottles. No more jugs. Just clean, pure water at your fingertips.